


I think most of you know what it's like to be in love and to feel loved. Well, the most amazing part of being a mom so far is that Maryn just wants to stare at me. All these new things and new people in the world and she just wants to look at me (you can see her staring at me in most of our pictures). I am her source of nourishment, and for the past 42 weeks, I was her source of life. What an amazing, undeserved gift. I am still overwhelmed at the way my body took over to give birth just as it was meant to be done, and even during labor I kept telling John, "I'm so glad I'm me and you're you, and I get to do this." Because I think, so far at least, that the gift of motherhood is one of the very greatest gifts of all.
There are so many things I want to blog about! However, I'm not going to sit at the computer long because my back/shoulder/arm hurts. I think I hurt it when I was practically convulsing on the surgery table.
I got my staples out today, which was a huge relief. I know my incision will start to feel better now and I haven't taken any Percoset since. This is good because I've been hearing about some terribly addictive behaviors associated with Percoset that were kind of scaring me.
I was really freaked out about getting the staples out. I mean--staples! In my skin! Ouch! And the doctor had to pull them out. Eeeeeeks! But I now have the whole "labor" thing under my belt so I sucked it up and made it through. Which reminds me, if someone can endure this cesaerean stuff, that someone can certainly endure natural childbirth. Pshhh.
So, throughout this whole having a baby ordeal, the two most painful things were: getting the tape pulled off and getting the staples out. Uggghhh.
Yesterday we went to the pediatrician and Maryn is very healthy. She is getting plenty to eat and she now weighs 8 pounds. It's normal for babies to drop a few ounces in the first two weeks as long as they gain it back. She's sleeping normally for a baby, but I'm not producing quite enough milk at night, so we're working on that.
After the doctor's office today we went to Whole Foods to get some Mother's Milk Tea (promotes healthy lactation, the box claims) and some lunch. We covered Maryn up with the car seat thing and tried to discourage people from coming close to her. Germy, germy. My lunch was so yummy. I love Whole Foods. I want to buy all my birthday presents there. But now that I have a baby I guess my birthday will never be quite the same. I must be an adult now. Maybe I'll ask for a high chair or something.
We haven't had to make a dinner for ourselves yet so far. Thank you so much to all of you providing meals for us. I think they're yummy, and John is just grateful to save the extra $$$. Hahaha. Tonight we are going to go for a walk and we're going to get some ice cream. I can't wait. :)
2 comments:
I'm so glad that all is going well! Praise the Lord for HIS blessings in our little girls!
Hey, let us know if you have any preferences for dinner tomorrow. Or if there's anything you don't want :). Love you guys!
Post a Comment