Today is day number two of using the official Babywise method full force. Babywise is a book/program that aims to help babies sleep through the night. I am a bit of an obsessive researcher. I read movie and book reviews before I see a movie or read books, I read reviews on products before I buy them, and before I had a baby I started researching the best ways to handle sleeping and feeding. Do I hold her each time she cries? Do I let her sleep in our bedroom? Do I rock her to sleep? Stuff like that. So, if anyone criticizes Babywise or the decision John and I have made to use the method, I can at least say I did my research and this is what I know is best for our family.
Maryn has her days and nights switched as most babies do, but lastnight she slept a good four hours straight, then a good five hours straight. The only problem was that she didn't start her "night" until 2 am. Hopefully tonight will be better! But I'd say that is pretty good. John and I both feel pretty well rested and we have been blessed with a very good, cooperative baby. HALLELUJAH!
This morning, since she was sleeping for so long, I had to pump (oh, fun). So this allowed me to have some significant mommy time and it allowed John to have some good daddy-daughter time. I took a shower, painted my toenails, and did my makeup. I am starting to feel human again. Especially since I finally got those yucky staples out.
In other news, our stroller is broken. It's not a very expensive stroller, just a step up from an umbrella stroller. It was supposed to be our cheap stroller that we could take places easily. So now we're going to use our gift cards to buy a little cart thing that our car seat can hook into. I should have researched my strollers more. Arrggh. Anyway, I want it before this weekend because John is going out of town and if I want to go anywhere, I need something to carry that heavy car seat for me.
Yes, John is going out of town. The swim team is swimming a big meet in Orlando. Last year I got to go with them but this year I guess I can't, really. I am going to go on the next trip to Orlando, which is in three weeks or something like that. So if anyone wants to come visit me this weekend, I will be here, lonely.
I've been reading this book Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper while nursing, and it is so good. I really hope I can put some of the principles into practice. I highly recommend it. There's a link to John Piper's ministry there on the right of my blog. I also use John's iphone while nursing at night to read blogs and such, and I've added a few of our favorites.
Thank you to all of you that have been listening to me ramble. I always want to get on here and type, type away about everything that's happening. I know it's probably pretty boring. I am hopefully going to be able to work on writing out Maryn's birth story while it's semi-fresh in my mind soon, and I will forward it to those of you who are interested. I won't tell everyone the gory details. Although it was the most miraculous, exhilerating time of my life just one step below my salvation story at 16. And almost exactly ten years later I have my little Maryn.
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We all love to hear you ramblings. Keep it up.
I love the moby wrap...it calms her down right away and is great for out in public b/c it keeps on lookers from getting to close. plus, i can get her to stay sleepy while we're out w/out having to stop to nurse her.
I want to hear the birth story. :) So glad Babywise is going well. Would you want to get together soon to chat about baby stuff?
That's funny. I was just getting on here to comment about the wrap or any baby wearing device (there are tons); although, I do have a Moby on my Christmas list because I hear they're the best. I never-ever used my baby carrier/car-seat. Those things weigh a ton and are too akward to carry. With Evelyn, I didn't use one at all because she was born in summer. I did with Riley because it was nice to be able to bundle her up inside then take her out to the car. The wraps are also great for doing chores, sitting at the computer, and perfect for shopping:)
Kendra:)
Amanda...I'm happy your already implimenting BabyWise. For some crazy reason, I didn't start until last week (about 4 months to late....now I'm retraining...no fun at all!) Remember to listen to your mommy instincts though when needed.
I would love to hear your birth story as well. I am encouraged every time I read your blogs.
Post a Comment