Thursday, October 09, 2008

Cutie Pie Maryn


Maryn slept in her bed lastnight and I'm back to sleeping (really sleeping, not that) with my husband!  This is good because I really like John.  She's been awake more during the day, which means more sleep at night.  It's tougher to get things done during the day, like showering.  I haven't showered yet today and it's past one.  She likes to stay awake for the full three hours sometimes.

I've really lost a lot of weight, and this is scaring me.  I am almost already back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  I still have a little tummy, but it seems I've lost extra weight in my legs.  My feet look anorexic and my calves have definitely shrunken smaller than ever before.  I hope things balance out so I don't look malnourished or like I have worms, like those precious little Ethiopian children with the bellies.  I appreciate being thin, but I do not want to be skeletal.  I think I've been eating enough, and even purposely down extra calories now and then.  The Oreos and Zebra Cakes my mom bought for me have really come in handy! 

Maryn and I had a short photo shoot today.  She was in a good mood for about ten minutes, so I quickly slid this dress on her that her "Auntie Alicia" bought for her.  Isn't she such a precious little princess?  I love her little facial expressions.  

3 comments:

Michele said...

I think oreos and zebra cakes are the best post-partum food:-)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the life of realizing that showers are a priviledge, not a right. LOL.

K:)

bcl said...

She is sooo adorable! I love her in a dress. If you need help getting to church this Saturday we would be more than happy to help you. Just let us know!