Sunday, October 12, 2008

Getting the Hang of It







Maryn and I have almost made it through the weekend on our own without too many problems. We even went to church. She slept the whole time, praise the Lord. Here she is with one of her new friends, Aleya, who is something like two months old.


The first picture, I don't know why it is flipped to the side like that, but I can't fix it. Her outfit came with that hat but we decided not to wear it to church. A little bit too goofy for her. We went with a bow instead. But I think she looks pretty funny, so I had to post it. Especially since she is sideways.


The other picture is Maryn with her first quilt from Grandma Erdman, who is a very talented quilter. Maryn loves it!


I finally had a chance to look at baby pictures of John and me to figure out who she resembles and the moment I opened John's scrapbook, I saw Maryn's face staring right back at me! The resemblance is striking. But maybe her eyes will turn brown like mine. We'll see!


Now, about my weekend alone. It really wasn't too difficult. I got a lot of things done. I even made cookies. The biggest problem is keeping myself fed and hydrated. As well as having things close by, because no one is here to run upstairs and get stuff for me. So I put on my first grade teacher hat and developed stations.


Nursing Station: This is where I spend at least 8 hours per day, so it is well stocked. It's at the end of the couch, equipped with our ottoman, tray table, and another tray beside me on the couch. I have my Bible, my other books, the remote, some granola bars, the pad of paper where I write down the times Maryn has eaten, my phone, and I always try to keep a full glass of water there.


Rocking Station: Yes, I'm in the habit of rocking Maryn to sleep. The whole letting her cry thing wasn't working. So this has some baby books to read to her, a full glass of water, and a blanket for me.


Downstairs Changing Station: Equipped with all the diaper changing necessities.


My sleeping station: Contains the baby monitor, a full glass of water, my phone, Maryn's extra bed, and diaper changing supplies.


Maryn's sleeping station (her bedroom): This is where Maryn usually sleeps, and it has all the normal stuff a baby room should have, including yet another diaper changing station.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first I thought she looked like you, but when I opened this post and saw the picture of her sleeping, I told Richard I don't think she does. So it's funny you wrote about that. Evelyn looks like Richard. Riley looks half like me. I'm holding out hope that this will look like me:)

Anonymous said...

umm... notice Maryn's middle finger in the first pic! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

The little hand gesture was the first thing I noticed! Too funny!
It is like she is telling you what she thought about that floppy hat.
At least you listened to her! LOL
She is sooooooo adorable! I can't wait to hold her!

Cathy

Jeff of course said...

I like the hat. It's not goofy.