John came home from work today at noon and I had to drop him off at the high school so he could travel with the swim team to Orlando for their swim meet. He'll be gone until Sunday afternoon/evening. I made it through the day without crying about it, too, which was quite an accomplishment.
John and my friend, Alicia, cooked up a little plan. He knew she was coming over around 1:30 to bring over some lunch, so he called her and told her about my favorite sandwich from Calistoga (the Santa Rosa). What a wonderful surprise! John has been taking such good care of me.
Alicia was here for two hours, and just as she was leaving my other friend Jody stopped by for the next two hours. Keep in mind these are two of my most favorite people in the world. They're just the type of people that are so refreshing. We had a lot to talk about. All three of us are in very interesting stages of our lives with new, exciting things happening. So that refreshment from Alicia and Jody, I think, will last me well into tomorrow.
I've been pumping a bit of milk here and there so that maybe I can attend church tomorrow. I'm not sure I'm up to the task, and John is mildly disappointed he won't be there for Maryn's first trip to church. But we're having a special guest speaker and I desperately want to hear what God has laid on his heart...and hear what God may have for me to hear.
I'm reading that book I mentioned a while back called Money, Possessions and Eternity. Wow! I have a good quote I want to share with you from it, but I'll do that later. It's really changing my perspective on money. Maryn's calling...
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have a great weekend. If you need anything let me know!!!
Post a Comment