
Tuesdays are usually a rough day for us, as John leaves for class before 7 am and goes directly from class to work, returning at 7:30 or 8 pm. So usually John doesn't see Maryn on Tuesdays, and Maryn misses her Daddy. We were excited to find out that class was canceled as well as my WIC appointment. It was a day home with the family.
Maryn seemed to realize this was special, as all she wanted to do today was roll on Daddy, lay on Daddy, jump on Daddy, and play with Daddy. She was all smiles all day.
Then we decided to take her out to play in the snow. Really play. For the first time ever. We made her a sled out of a Rubbermaid tub, bundled ourselves up and headed out. Here we are bundling up:
Layer One:
Layer Two:
Maryn hates her snow boots.
Maryn hates her snow boots.
Maryn was pretty shy about the snow at first, and she didn't like
being pulled in our sled. But as more kids came around to play,
she warmed up to the idea and we ended up playing in the snow
for about 45 minutes. She would have made it longer if her
Daddy hadn't taught how good snow tastes, and her mouth and nose
hadn't turned to ice from eating so much of it. Ha!
she warmed up to the idea and we ended up playing in the snow
for about 45 minutes. She would have made it longer if her
Daddy hadn't taught how good snow tastes, and her mouth and nose
hadn't turned to ice from eating so much of it. Ha!
John still had to go to work at 1:00, but it was a pretty fun day. You should have seen the igloo by the time John finished it. We had to go inside to make lunch, and the neighborhood kids got bored, so John just kept right on building till it had a roof and everything. It was big enough for most of the kids to stand up in. I believe he got a picture of it on his phone that I may be able to post later. The igloo was thoroughly destroyed ten minutes after he left for work. :-/ Kids will be kids.
6 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun. I get to go home at 3 instead of 8 so that is cool except it eats up more of my vacation time spent with Maryn and our new baby.
Oh my word Amanda!!! Look at all of that snow! That is unreal!
Looks like it was a fun time. I've never, ever built an igloo, or snow man, or anything out of snow. I think it's so cool what you all did! Great pictures. This was a lot of fun to read (and Maryn looked precious in her snow clothes!)
Love the igloo! Reminds me of all the ones we used to build as kids. Back in the day when I liked snow that is! Looks like great fun was had by all and I'm glad Maryn got to have some fun with you guys and all the kids. :o)
Wow that was a lot of snow, and I hear that it isn't going to stop for a little while. I am thankful that I am in Naples where it has only gotten in to the low 40's at night and maybe the 70's during the day.
:) Don't you miss it
Sometimes I miss it, but I grew up with seasons and snow, and I'd hate to have Maryn miss it. But the most disturbing thing to me was not being able to enjoy the grass. No rolling down grassy hills or sitting right in it. What's a year round summer without being able to sit in the grass?
Funny about the boots, Gigi wore Riley's all morning. Literally, all morning.
Post a Comment