Tuesday, February 23, 2010
News? Not much.
We had a surprise visitor this week! My JR came down last night and was able to help me lots with Maryn, and watch her while we went to have the ultrasound today. Also, John works Tuesday nights and is at class all morning, so Tuesdays are normally kind of tough. But JR was here to give Maryn her bath and share the day with us, and I was able to get so much done without all the stress. I even sat and watched an entire movie with him (Glory Road, which I highly recommend and is one of our favorite movies--perfect for basketball season!).
So....the ultrasound. It was kind of a let-down, in a good way really. I had worked myself up pretty good beforehand on whether it was twins or something was terribly wrong and had devoted myself to mindless distractions or dedicated prayer. But everything looks fine, at least to us, and there's ONE healthy baby. No cysts in sight and a normal amount of amniotic fluid. I have an appointment with my doctor on March 4th to find out why else I could be measuring so large. The baby is healthy and adorable, and is the appropriate size for my due date nearly to the day. The baby kind of looks like an alien. This is one of the reasons not to have an early ultrasound! It was neat to show Maryn pictures of her new baby brother or sister. She loved the pictures and gave them lots of kisses. She pretty much gives everyone and everything kisses these days.
What was most disappointing to us was that the ultrasound technician could not take a guess on the sex of the baby, but as soon as I saw his/her profile I was sure it was a boy. I know. That's impossible. I just had that boy feeling.
Boys kind of terrify me. Especially after seeing videos of my sweet, laid back husband as a child. He was a little bit wild. So with wild child-ness in his genes combined with my quirkiness, I'm just not sure we would create the most pleasant little boy. Boys, boys, boys. I just don't know.
Plus we are having serious marital discord about boy names. If the baby does turn out to be a boy, we may enlist in marriage counseling. ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know what you mean about boy names. It took us forever to come up with a name for little Harrison. But we both liked it and Erick let me pick the middle name. Which is McPherson, it is my mom's maiden name. I know a strong name for a little guy. But Harrison McPherson Sessions will be a great scientist or presidents name! Got to have high expectations with the name.
Are you wanting to go sentimental, unusual, or just cute? How about Nehemiah? Nehemiah Erdman, he is one handsome kid :) Haha it still could be a girl too! Do you have a girl name yet? I am still holding onto our girl name. Evelyn Grace.
Night friend!
Jen
We are the same with boys names, not one that we agree on. If it is helpful at all, I think your belly is adorable. Most of my friends who are on their second, or have had their second, popped out pretty fast as well, and seemed to look a bit rounder. My neighbor, for example, is due about the same time as you and despite being violently ill the entire time and loosing too much weight, her belly is looking very pregnant! I think that you are in good company!
Good luck on the boy names...I'll pray for you! :)
We always struggled in girl names. We always had Nathan picked out...even before we knew Nicole was a girl. Then, when we found out we were having a boy, we tried to change it to Evan, but in the end, Nate won out. You've got to go with your gut, you know?
Maybe since you are so small anyways AND it IS your second child, perhaps that is the reason you are showing so much. Or...You need to lay off the apple pie!!! ;) haha I'm just kidding. Which, that pie looked really good. I am too scared to try a crust like that because I think that I would mess it up. And they haven o premade pie crusts here, so it's all homemade...The first time I made an apple pit the crust was hard as a rock!
OK..And if you have that feeling it's a boy, then you are probably right! My doctor told me I was having a girl but I KNEW it was a boy..Not until we got to the States and got an ultrasound done did we did a conformation that Tristan was indeed, a boy. :) AND Tristan is a wild child. He has SO much energy and acts wired every second that he is awake. People really do not like to have him for a long time because they think he takes up too much energy. I am not kidding! I wish I was..But I'm not. BUT just so you know, it's not that bad. You WILL manage! You just have to be creative and find ways to wear him out (IF it's a boy!).
And, are cysts a common thing? My doctor never mentioned while i was pregnant but I have a friend who is pregnant and the baby has a cyst on her brain, they say it's OK and not serious...But I have never heard of it before!
-Whitney
Post a Comment