Tuesday, February 17, 2009

She's like one of Pavlov's dogs.

This is what Maryn does whenever I am about to take a picture. She immediately squints or closes her eyes. I'll have to try to take more pictures outside, I guess.
Here are the kids playing in the street. Hahaha. We live at the end of a cul-de-sac, so there is very little traffic. At the very end of the the cul-de-sac there's a pile of really fine beach-like sand. So I guess there's no need for a sandbox! The kids love it. And this way they can do whatever they want with the sand and I don't have to freak out when they dump it in the grass.

Maryn is moving all over the place. We need to find a new spot for her little play gym because she now gets herself trapped under the table or hits her head on the wall, a chair, whatever. In this picture you see her at the beginning of her tummy time, but within seconds she was practically under that couch you see there, head first.

Today I am traveling over to Nathan and Bethany's where I will be caring for five children under the age of 4. Joy. It should be an interesting time. Lucky for me, 2 hours of it will be during naptime. And the other 3 hours should be interesting. But I think the older ones will play and occupy themselves fairly well, and hopefully Maryn will feel better than she did last night.

Which brings me to another teething trick. Chamomile tea, recommended by Donna (John's stepmom, Maryn's grandma), who is a camp nurse (she spent a whole week getting lice out of my hair when I was a camp counselor) and our doctor. We gave her a teaspoon or so and rubbed some on her gums. It seemed to work! It's supposed to be soothing and help babies sleep. She was out within 5 minutes, But it COULD have been my sparkling rendition of the Alphabet Song.

Well, I will try to take pictures of my adventures with Maryn (5 months), the two I babysit (3 and 4), Jaxon (3), and Jovie (10 months). Yeah. I think I'm going to bring the DVD Michele is letting me borrow...

Hey, it's educational. :)

4 comments:

Michele said...

oye....tell us how it goes:-) I hope they like the alphabet DVD and maybe learn something too. See you Thursday!

Michele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Haha . . . Pavlov's dogs!

Anonymous said...

I also wanted to tell you that my naturopathic doctor gave me chamoile(sp?) tabs to give Riley when she was teething. I don't know where you can get them, but they were nice.