Well, here she is chewing on her froggy covered foot. She's very active. She watches everything, she wants to feel everything with her fingers and with her mouth, and she is usually more interested in adult food than she is her baby food. It's become increasingly difficult to eat while I nurse. It's actually almost impossible.
She's very cheerful as long as John and I are nearby and can skip naps happily as long as we are holding her. But as soon as anyone else holds her, she usually cries. Unless they look like me, I've noticed...she seems to last a bit longer.
But the one trait I've noticed in Maryn is that she seems to have a sweet spirit. She is very quick to grab things, but she doesn't grab my hair. Instead, she pets me or combs her fingers through it, not usually grabbing or pulling. It's the same with the cat. She pets Rosa softly, not usually pulling. We'll see how long that lasts! She seems to have a lot of empathy. She cries when she hears other children or babies cry, and gets very upset if we accidentally make an angry face at her.
Anyway, it may all be my imagination. But I'm going to pray God develops this sweet, gentle spirit in her. He knows she won't get too much of it from me...but maybe a little. :)
4 comments:
What a sweet little girl. I love that she's chewing on her slipper, bootie, whatever it may be! Such cuteness.
Here are my predictions from how you describe her:
She'll be incredibly independent. She'll go from clinging to you - to a little social butterfly.
I also wouldn't be surprised if she's a little stubborn and set on getting her way;)
She'll be one of those little girls with a baby radar: spotting them from 100 yards out! She'll look for things to nurture. (You'll need at least 6 baby dolls and two strollers).
Hahaha! I think she is a bit like Evelyn. Do you think?
It's scary! It's like your describing my life three years ago!
Post a Comment