Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Capturing Maryn's smile has become increasingly difficult. About 85% of the time she turns away or blinks for the flash of the camera. So I still don't have a good picture of her with her Tigger or her sippy cup, but here she is with her other favorite toy below.
Maryn has been flapping her arms like crazy. She flaps when she wants to be held, when she's excited, and when she's "done." She's also been reaching out for me. Ah, it's irresistible!

Today I had the day off from babysitting, so I was hoping to tackle our spare bedroom. I've been wanting to get rid of a lot of our books and things. But this morning I realized Maryn's "diaper rash" had only grown worse, and knew what that meant. Not a diaper rash. So I looked in her mouth and wasn't surprised to see the dreaded white spots. Thrush. I recognized it because I have very vivid memories of my brother having it some 13 or 14 years ago. How could I forget my mother telling me that my brother had a kind of yeast infection in his mouth? Sick!

Well, the sad part is why Maryn probably has this nasty fungus in her mouth. It's our fault. The sippy cup was too good at keeping her quiet in the car on the way from Orlando and we overused it. It should have been washed when instead, it was stuck in Maryn's mouth on the way home.

So today, instead of getting some other things done, we went to the doctor, Walgreen's and Calistoga (Santa Rosa Club--my favorite!!!!!!!!!). Walgreen's, by the way, was not a happy experience. At the doctor, by the way, a 3 year old (with a pacifier, I might add) tried to touch Maryn's face and her mother just stood there watching as her probably diseased child touched my daughter's fungus-y face. Sigh.

Okay, I better stop being lazy since my husband is now done preparing dinner for me, and Maryn is climbing (yes, climbing) out of her bouncy seat. She's just like her father...

Love <3

7 comments:

Erin said...

Sure hope the thrush gets better for Maryn and hope you don't have it! She sounds like Hope trying to get everywhere! :-)

Anonymous said...

You should do your research on yeast infections:) Everyone has yeast in their body - it's a bacteria. We all have good and bad bacteria in our bodies; we need the good bacteria in order for our digestive systems to work properly. There are several things that cause yeast infections (like too much sugar, antibiotics, etc.), but not dirty sippy cups.

Anonymous said...

Strike that - the yeast is a fungus. But the rest of what I said it right.

Bethany Gaddis said...

You should go to Sunshine Pharmacy. Its so hometown feeling and they are fast and cheaper. We love it. There is one behind First Watch but Im sure there are more.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm . . . I'm thinking. Did you put juice in the sippy cup? One of the biggest culprits of yeast infections in children is sugar.

John said...

The doctor and the website I was on said it's commonly caused by unwashed sippy cups and bottles.

Anonymous said...

I can help with the Wallgreen's issue. Move up here! Grandpa JR can watch baby while mommy is running around. ;)


Miss you all. Give Maryn and John a kiss from me. On second thought...Just give Maryn a kiss and shake John's hand. :)