I'm a really great mother. Maryn tries to strangle herself with
links and plays around
toys with small parts like cars. Ah! :)
Also, Maryn has been napping and sleeping like a champ! She usually takes a three hour nap and a two hour nap each day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I don't have her on a schedule yet and am wondering if I want to have her on a strict nap schedule. I kind of like how flexible things are right now. But her bed time usually falls somewhere between 8 and 9. John and I go to bed at 9, so I'd like to keep it around 8. What do you moms think? To schedule or not to schedule?
With all this free time, I am starting to get bored. I'm so glad I have kids to babysit. I have no idea what I would do without them! And when Maryn is awake, I just want to cuddle her. All that sleeping makes me miss her!
6 comments:
I would say this is the time 1st time moms start to "get bored" wait a few more months, and you'll be begging for a good nap time; ) haha. I'm glad she is doing so well for you!
We are on a schedule, but it's better for us that way. If we weren't scheduled, I would never know when we could leave to do something. Hannah wake up about 7, naps from 9-10 or so (I don't wake her though unless we need to go somewhere), naps from 1-2:30 and maybe from 4:30-5:30...if the mood hits her right. And goes to bed at 8. I wish she would go to bed earlier, but our family life doesn't allow for that to happen consistently. As always, do what's best for you family, not what's best for someone elses.
Hey...I just told a friend I was busy Tuesday (morning) because I want to come hang out with you...is this still ok?
Yeah! I think you, me, Teri, and whoever else wants to should all do something. Maybe go to the park if the kids get over this cold, or we could play here, or wherever!
sounds great! I'll see you before, but I'll call Monday to confirm and come up with a plan:-)
what time do you hang on tue? i have bible study until 12 ish
also, scheduling has worked great for us. we don't live by it ... we are very flexible. then hope knows what to expect and so do we! :)
I had the day care for the county in my home when Darren was a baby, so I kept a pretty routined schedule with the kids and that kept Darren on a routine too. Our day was blocked off like a preschool classroom and Darren's naps were taken at the same time every day. It worked out great for him and the kids. I know people try to say...oh just let things go how they will...but I really think (from all my experience with children)that they adjust so well and function on a much better level when they know a schedule and that way they know what to expect. Every once in a while it is fun to just have a mixed up day...but for the most part, they rely on the routine and are comforted by it.
Just my opinions and observations! :o) Say "hi" to Maryn for me and give her a big kiss and hug...miss you guys!
Cathy
Post a Comment