Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Ah, they grow so fast.

Today I was supposed to babysit three kids, but my full time kids aren't coming for the rest of the week. They are sick, sick, sick. And normally one might think this would be good news for me. A vacation! But I am sad. I have no one to play with me. What am I going to do all day?

Well, it turns out that I have a bit of a sore throat and am starting to feel nauseated. Is it all in my head? I hope so. The big wedding is Saturday. I have the rehearsal on Friday, hair and make up on Saturday, pictures, and I have to walk in REALLY high heels. I can't figure out how to walk in them. I look like a moron. If someone can help me, PLEASE come over and teach me some runway tricks!

Yes, I am a bridesmaid. In Alicia's wedding. I am SO excited. But I think this might be my last bridesmaid stint. Most of my very closest friends are married now. It's OK with me, because I'm kind of over this wedding/bridesmaid thing. But Alicia and Bradd are an amazing couple truly after God's heart and purpose for their lives. Alicia was in my small group when she was a junior and a senior in high school. I was her leader! Now she is more wise and certainly more patient, kind, generous, and loving than me. Not that that's a hard thing to accomplish.


Here's Maryn with Alicia at Alicia's bridal shower. I hope someday Maryn will be a strong woman of God like Alicia. But hopefully she won't get married when she's 20. Maybe more like 30. Just kidding! If Maryn can find a guy like Bradd, or like her Daddy, I'll give her my blessing. :)

John, however, may see things differently!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Richard was 20 and I was 21 when we got married. I don't regret it for a minute. Although, it does seem really young to me now. Especially, when I meet young men who are 21 or 22 and realize that Richard was married at that age.

I'll be glad to have my last bridesmaid stint end in September!