Friday, February 28, 2003

Okay, today I am going to talk about:

My Day and My Week
Alison
French Fries
Elementary Schools

Read what you want, if anything at all.

Well, I am behind, aren't I? I don't think I have ever gone this long without writing in this thing. Sometimes, I think this thing is unhealthy. Sometimes, I think it's good. It takes a lot of time to keep this thing up to date. My entries at the beginning were so good and now they are just crazy and psychotic (those are two words that mean basically the same thing). So yes, I have been rather busy. I haven't started my unit that I was complaining about last time because it turns out that my cooperating teacher sprung on me that I need to do my Pathwise Observed Lesson next week. This is a huge ordeal in the education world. I have never been Pathwise observed, but it involves designing perfect lesson plans and performing a perfect lesson. Well, I do have a perfect lesson plan, of course, in my head...now I just need to get it on paper...

I thought I had to work today at 11:30 but it turns out that I really didn't. Darn, because I could have slept until about noon if I had known that. But, God had other plans, because this getting up at 10:30 really worked out well for me today--I got a great email from Richard (Kendra's fiance, for those of you who don't know), I ate lunch with some guys I've never eaten with, and I'll still have time to study for my HORRIBLE professor's quiz that he sprung on us on Wednesday. What is it with these people???

We had a speaker yesterday for Campus Crusade. He spoke like four times. Crazy, huh? But anyway, I guess a lot of people "accepted" Christ, something I'd rather call "got saved" but you know what I mean. Awesome, huh?! He was a good speaker, but I have this curse on me because our National Youth Conference in high school was so amazing and had such incredible speakers that any speakers I hear now just don't compare...oh I know it's not about the speaker, but the Holy Spirit, but for some reason, this little past history of mine is sometimes just...strange, I guess. I mean I've heard Ron Hutchcraft, Joshua McDowell, that Bob? guy from the Bronx, Chuck and Luci Swindoll...I mean those people are, I think, some of the best, most powerful speakers in the country. I don't know why I can be so critical during other speakers,because I know the speaker himself or herself isn't so important--not at all. Sigh. Human inadequacy.

Next topic: Alison. Alison is Veronica's friend from Bedford, I think she is from Bedford, see I don't even really know, and I met her once very,very briefly but she started reading my online diary and I hear she thoroughly enjoys it. Well, she sent me a card in the mail--homemade and everything! It was one of the sweetest, encouraging,and adorable cards I have ever received, totally surprising and unexpected and it really meant a lot to me. I mean, a lot. It meant so much that I think I'm going to cry right now here in the computer lab because I am emotional that way when people do nice things for me so totally unselfishly. But it was so, so sweet, you know? So I should make her a card, but realistically, I probably won't because I don't have stamps and books of stamps cost a good 7 dollars or something and I have to use my 7 dollars to pay for those GIRL SCOUT COOKIES (YUM!!!!) I ordered. So Alison, I want to thank you, and send a big, big hug your way because you are so thoughtful and I really, really enjoy you. If I ever become rich, I'm going to send you on an all-expenses paid trip to Bali. Seriously, I'm going to make a note of that right here in my datebook.

Next topic: French Fries.
There are several reasons why the college dining hall is now my favorite restaurant. Yes, seriously, my favorite restaurant.

1. Really excellent french fries.
2. Because they have really excellent french fry seasoning now that they put out now because of my request.
3. They put it out at my request.
4. They really do try to make the dining experience a good one because they put out that french fry seasoning.
5. The french fries are, sort of, free, because I'd be paying for 14 meals a week anyway.

One reason why I hate the dining hall:
1. I am going to get fat because now all I want to eat is those french fries and maybe if I could eat french fries with salad it wouldn't be so bad, but I don't like any of their salad dressings.

Next topic: Elementary Schools

Why do they all smell the same?

No comments: