Well...today is not a good day, to say the least, and this week will probably not be among my top ten. Anyway, it just might be good and I'm not sure what would make it better, honestly, but really I just can't wait to go home on Friday.
I started reading a book...for fun! Amazing, huh? I haven't done that since the beginning of this summer when I didn't have a job :) Word on the street is that Harry Potter book 5 is coming out soon...I'll have to grab one (or hopefully just read the one my mom buys...after she reads it, JR reads it, and they read it to Jordan and Sara). It sounds really dorky that I read Harry Potter. I thought my mom was a big dork when she started reading them, too. But really, they are really good. Jordan and Sara, only ages 8 and 6, will sit and listen to Harry Potter for hours...quality reading time, I'd say, and quality family time as well. My mom always read me the Little House on the Prairie books. Those are pretty boring and I am positive Jordan and Sara would never in a million years listen to them (too many girls). I do understand why some people might think Harry Potter is dangerous, but have you seen Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty lately? It's pretty bad, too. And in The Lion King, Simba lays on top of Nala and licks her. That's pretty bad, I'd say. Well, Jordan and Sara know that Harry Potter isn't real, and they know that Santa Claus isn't real, but sometimes it is fun to pretend :)
My best friend from kindergarten all the way through 10th grade had this nephew (I imagine he still is her nephew) that thought it'd be cool to pretend to be a dog. Normally, these phases in 3-5 year old children last a couple days, occur every now and then over a span of a week, or something like that. This kid acted like a dog for a good two or three years, I think. He rarely talked--just whimpered and barked. What would I do if my kid acted like a dog for three years? I don't know, but I might take him to a psychiatrist. Is it just that he has a highly active imagination? Or not enough imagination that he can't think of anything else to be? Or is he hiding from something? The kid was growing up in a small house of about five adults, plus a very clingy grandmother and aunt that always took him on walks to see all the flowers, without a good father figure. He knew every type of flower and animal imaginable...more than I know, that's for sure. I wonder what's up with this kid now.
I think I'll be a good parent. A strange one, probably, but a good one. I want my kids to do a lot of the things they want to do--like if they want to be called "Shula Cabula" for a day, I'd play along, and if they want to wear a pair of bunny ears to the store, I just might let them. But if he/she acted like a dog for a straight week, maybe even three days, I'd get pretty sick of it. I don't know. I'd encourage them to act like other animals for awhile. And I surely would never let them drink out of a bowl on the floor beside the dinner table or on the dinner table (for more than one meal). This little kid sure enough did drink out of bowls on the floor.
I've been making Valentines since 3:30 (it is now 5:15). Don't give your hopes up, though...they're pretty time consuming, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to stop soon. I think that I'm a sort of crafty person, but because I hate to waste time on things that people will probably throw away, I usually don't do things like this...and besides, construction paper and glue can be really annoying (especially when I just drank a ton of cappucino and my hands are shaking like mad crazy. Don't worry, though, I'm not addicted! I seriously just drank it because my throat has been killing me and I can't drink hot chocolate and hot water doesn't sound very appetizing at all).
Okay bye.
Monday, February 10, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment