Okay, moving on from that subject...
Today was quite a glorious day. Miss Kari and I have had so much quality bonding time lately due to our new workout schedule and because we have a million classes together, and because we are in the same small-group Bible study, but mostly just because God has blessed us this semester :) Today we got in a fight on the quad and I got her ALL wet before choir. I feel kind of bad about that now (sorry, Kari!), but I figure, hey, you're only in college once, you know? And that'll be something she'll remember forever. I am pretty sure a lot of people think we're complete idiots considering we were yelling and screaming and she kept putting me in headlocks and throwing me around. Yes, Kari certainly could take me down any day. I'm thankful she goes easy on me :)
THEN another great thing was that my chicken-look-alike professor was absent today. Usually in college they just cancel class but noooo, not Lou! Thankfully, he had one of the coolest professors ever take his place and she ran that classroom like an educational Heaven. I LOVE Dr. Martin and Dr. Morrow. They are amazing.
I got my placement for field experience....THIRD GRADERS! I almost cried. Third grade is the last grade that I want to teach. I'd rather teach ANYTHING other than third grade. Silly God has decided to teach me a lesson. Sometimes I wish He'd just do what I want. Who knows, maybe I will love third grade even more than first. The good thing is that it will be a lot easier and more fun to do some lesson plans on Japan with third graders. Yes, I think I'm going to do all my lessons on Japan--a few reading and a few writing and of course, those and others will be social studies. Supposedly though, for this field experience, I am going to be evaluated by a Pathwise evaluator, and that is pretty terrifying. It wouldn't be terrifying if I were in a first-grade classroom, because I'll admit, I am an awesome teacher with first-graders. But third graders? I don't know...what if they ask questions I can't answer? What if they start fights that I can't break up? Third graders are too smart, too big, and too sarcastic for my liking. They are mean, too. They're mean to each other and to teachers sometimes, too! First graders always love their teachers. Third graders will just laugh at me and think I'm stupid. Most of them don't like to sing or read poetry or listen to weird Japanese music or write journal entries...They're old enough to say things like "THAT'S STUPID! I HATE THIS!" First graders are soooo wonderful. Oh sigh. Guess I won't be able to use songs as time fillers :-(
Monday, February 03, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment