Thursday, February 20, 2003

Now I don't know if anyone else in the world does this--it might just be me, and I might just be the stupidest person alive, but it's something that happens to me every few months or so (give or take) and it annoys the living crap out of me. I don't know what "living crap" is, but this situation that I run into now and then annoys it out of me. I'll be brushing my teeth (usually it's when I am in a hurry or too tired to stand up) and BAM! I jam the toothbrush right smack into my gums, usually at the part where my lips meet my gums--a really sensitive area, mind you, when using your teeth or your lips for anything, really. Well, it really hurts, and I HATE it when it happens. Not only is it one of those things like stubbing my toe or getting a papercut, but it makes me feel like a complete moron.

Now, close your eyes...

Imagine something absolutely hilarious.... (now you can close your eyes again because you had to read this second line after you read the first line, you cheater!)




ha! wasn't that funny?


In life news (this is the sorta stuff I HAVE to write for people like the mom), I spent 7-9 today at work with the crazy kids (they were awesome today, I love them so much!), then spent 11-4 with the third graders, taking an hour lunch break at the restaurant down the street all by myself (I felt so professional like, I almost got coffee), I enjoyed my time with the third graders (I definitely think that I did choose the right profession) I opened a checking account (don't worry mom, Jake's gonna show me how to write checks and Kari will be there for me in anything I need since she is the banking professional), and I backed into a parking space for the first time in my life. Impressive, eh?

So now, here you ARE allowed, I permit you, to say to yourself, "What an incompetent, dependent, immature 21-year-old woman." Yeah, yeah, yeah...I've just been trying to avoid the adult world for too long. It was sad enough the day they started taxing me. Ah, blinkister. It's just unavoidable, I tell ya. Is it bad that I don't want to worry about things like that? Like money and checks and bills and whether or not someone is watching me back into a parking space and thinking "Why the heck is that girl takin so fricken long?" I mean, I don't think that's bad. Maybe I am incompetent or something, but you know, I have spent my childhood well and now it's just all over. It's all over, it's all over because....

I have a checkbook.


Oh stop, I'm not being "pessimistic." It's a joke. Laugh!

No comments: