If I lived on a farm, I would want two rabbits, two horses, about four sheep, a few cats, a bloodhound and a beagle, a family of pigs, two cows, and a goat named Muffy II. I would get up early in the morning and make breakfast, lunches, and even start on some dinner stuff and I'd make apple pie now and then, too. I'd go out to the woods and pick raspberries and make raspberry jam, and when it was too cold outside to do all that stuff, I'd write to all my friends, paint random things around the house, read books, and wash the windows. But I would never do the dishes. Eck.
If I lived in Wyoming, I would want a little cute house cottage-like thing with wood siding like stuff that is a woodwashed pale yellow sort of color with pale green or blue shutters. It would be near the mountains with a spectacular view but not high in the mountains, maybe just at some midpoint or something. The house would have a huge front porch with a porch swing and my family and I would spend ALL day outside, except maybe in the winter when we would spend some time around the fireplace. There would be a swimming hole that had a rope to swing on and jump into the water, that was totally secluded and just for me and my "family," if I had one. I would have a big fat gray cat and his name would be Tchaikovsky, Tchai for short, and we would also have a cute puppy dog of course and the kids could name it whatever they wanted to as long as it wasn't something like "Puffy" because that's a stupid name.
If I lived in the city, I would live way up high in a cute little apartment and I'd have strange little plants and herbs growing outside on the balcony with two of those Amish, wooden sliding rocking chair things. I'd learn how to speak Japanese so that I could talk to the Japanese man who owns the corner drug store. I would open a little bookstore that sells books, of course, and strange, intellectual type music and lots of cappucino. There would be a children's section and on Sunday afternoons I would have a special children's time where I read little kids' books in funny costumes and even read them some of my own stories. In my spare time I'd work down at the soup kitchen on the other side of the city. I'd take buses and stay on them for an hour just to see all the different people and think about where they might be going. I would make sure to wear out of place country-ish clothes, like long loose dresses and summer hats and sandles.
If I lived on the beach, I would write all the time and drink tall glasses of lemonade and iced tea in a big beach hat and a yellow sundress. I would walk up and down the shore, up and down, up and down. I would learn how to kayak really well and kayak out in the ocean. I would have a big lovable labrador retriever that would run with me on the beach and a lovable kitty that would read with me at night.
If I lived right here in Ohio, I would live out in the country and teach at some teeny tiny elementary school in a teeny tiny town where I knew all the people because of church functions. I would live in a cute little house and I'd have a couple horses in a barn out back so that I could just ride them down the roads and through the woods. I would have picnics all the time, and campfires, and snowball fights. And on the weekends sometimes my "family" and I, if I have one, would go visit grandma and grandpa, and sometimes, I'd just send my kids to visit grandma and grandpa. I'd go fishing and hiking and camping. There would be a creek in the woods and I'd walk down there just to sit and put my feet in the water for a long, long time and I'd lay back on the grass and look up through the trees and just relax for a long, long time...
Monday, February 17, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment