Tuesday, December 17, 2002

So....It appears that I haven’t written in this diary for a long time, but I have written. This stupid website keeps deleting my stuff. I don’t know. So yesterday had all the potential of a wonderful day but due to slight catastrophes, it was pretty bad. For example, some of my parents’ credit cards were maxed out, and they knew it wasn’t supposed to be that way. That’s not good and that would leave us about a few thousand dollars in debt with money we didn’t even spend. Okay, so that was all right, and they didn’t flip out too much (my mom and JR flip out about everything). Then I locked the keys in the car, our other car (the good one) had to be taken to the shop, they don’t know what is wrong with it, and when we were shopping at Elder-Beerman’s, not only did we discover that yet another credit card had been maxed, but the girl forgot to put one of my sweaters in the bag which we didn’t realize until we got home and then my mom REALLY flipped out because they still charged us for it and it is the NICEST sweater that I really wanted (it was one of my Christmas gifts), so she went totally psycho and we drove all the way back to the store, which takes a good twenty minutes. By the time we had gotten home, my mom had calmed down and everything was just fine. I did get some awesome Christmas gifts (for me, from my mom and JR) and some things for myself. I tell ya, there’s just nothing better to me than hats, but new bottles of perfume, underwear, and sweaters are pretty nice, too. Susan would be proud (we’ll talk later).

Today has been quite lackadaisical. I was planning on going to the Y but of course ended up watching Amelie with my mom and chatting with the family and doing my sister’s hair for her Christmas program, much to her dismay. I have to do it again tonight and tomorrow. You should see her cry. It’s really sad. She hates looking girly, but she seriously looked so beautiful when she was all done, as she does all the time anyway. She wore this long, red sweater that reached nearly to her knees, with beautiful velvet black pants and a white shirt underneath the sweater, and her hair was all piled on top of her head, curlies down the side and her bangs pushed, very elegantly, to one side. Kendra would have loved it. Goodness, I think of you guys so much.

I’ve spent a lot of time (lastnight and today) watching movies of couples just missing each other...as in When Harry Met Sally and Amelie. It always works out in the end, of course, but all these love stories I see I just want to scream at them. They always just miss each other or are too stubborn to give in or yada yada yada. But if it weren’t for the big fiasco, we wouldn’t have fairy tales, now would we? Well, it’s about dinner time and my mom is making one of my FAVORITE things in the whole world. I’ll see ya later...

Kendra, I hope all is well. I miss you even more than I think I would, because you are so far away. Does that make sense? Ohhh siggghh.

No comments: