I went to the church that accidentally called me (due to a slip of the finger on a 4 instead of a 1 when dialing a telephone) this morning. The call was weeks ago, but I visited the church this morning. It was really wonderful. I think the congregation was confused as to why I was there. It was very fun being the mysterious girl who showed up out of nowhere all by herself in a church full of no more than 40 people. Nearly everyone in the church introduced themselves to me. At my church, people just don’t do that. First of all, there’s approximately 1800 people who attend my regular church and no one notices if someone new walks in. No one notices when I’m gone, for that matter. It’s all kind of disturbing to me, not that it really matters but it’s nice to come home and have people say, “hi, we’ve missed you!” besides your peers. At a small church, the children know you, the elderly people know you, the pastor knows you, everyone knows you.
I also got paint to paint my room today. I got the paint today, tomorrow we will begin painting. My room is going to be very...stylish. It’s going to be like a Trading Spaces episode, but better. :)
Sunday, December 22, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment