Thursday, December 12, 2002

Okay, so lastnight went well, and today I am here at my desk once again trying to study for Old Testament and I feel as though I have gotten nowhere. There is no way to know if I know this material or not until I receive our exam. I will either draw a total blank or I will have all the answers. I'm thinking I'll draw a total blank. Why did I take this class? Why? I took it to learn more about the Old Testament, and I have accomplished that. So why should I have to take the final exam? I mean of course it's only fair, but Dr. Gosnell should give me bonus points for taking this class out of sheer enjoyment and interest. This exam is over half of the Old Testament. Half of it. Every word from Job on. I'm thankful I didn't go to a Christian school because I'm sure I'd hate the Bible right about now. It's not as thrilling when you're forced to read it and tested over it...but if I weren't forced to read it and if I weren't tested over it, I'd probably still be back in Esther. So, I've learned a lot from this class. Therefore, the grade I receive in the class shouldn't matter. I mean, all grades do not matter. Nothing matters, according to Ecclesiastes, because everything is meaningless compared to God's grace. Good advice, dude Mr. Ecclesiastes.

So Jake and I went out lastnight. It was very nice. He was all dressed up (very handsomely, I might add) for his jury (it's like a final exam in music...piano), and he stops by the Lighthouse afterwards and Kendra manipulates her way into dressing me up as well and talking us into going to McDonald's. So there we were in McDonald's at about 9 lastnight, looking very classy and eating ice cream (Jake's favorite thing in the word) and french fries (definitely one of my favorites as well). It was fun...I like to dress up for fun things like that. However, the weirdness of it being like a real date (even though I don't really think it was supposed to be because it was, I think, just for fun) was extremely profound, because well, maybe Jake and I aren't the dating types. That's just not how we work, I suppose, which is great, because I've always just enjoyed hanging out with Jake in normal, everyday situations...it doesn't have to be out somewhere. That's really cool.

We ended up staying at our neighbors house until 11 chatting. This couple is hilarious. They have three little kids under the age of 8 and 2 cats. Is that perfect for me or what? And they're so much fun. I really enjoyed it. Wow. It's so nice to have some great adults (like real, grown up adults) and little kids...and kitties...around here. You don't see it often.

And I was up lastnight until 3 am. Studying? No. Talking with the girls (oh, and Tim, too of course). Should I have been studying? Yes. Oh sigh. Maybe I'll be motivated to study for OT later...

I have to truck it outta here for my Sociology exam, which I've totally blown off studying for because of my OT exam. Hmmm.

No comments: