Thursday, December 26, 2002

Since I have decided to refrain from talking about my personal life, I'll talk about this product called "Crest Whitestrips." Everyone has probably heard of them and they have sparked somewhat of a teeth-whitening craze that has flooded the nation. Yes, nearly everyone is just dying to catch hold of something that will make their teeth glisten! Crest Whitestrips have received the best reviews compared to all the competing products. However, I would like to inform the public (all three of you) of the benefits and drawbacks of this miracle in science--or should I say, marketing? Crest Whitestrips came out just in time; the company's sales in toothpaste and other products (toothbrushes, dental floss, etc.) may not be down, but they aren't exactly on the rise, at least not until the sale of Crest Whitestrips. Now everyone is at least curious about whether or not they really work...

Well I do like cats, you know, and you also know what killed that stupid cat. Curiosity got the best of me and after dropping many hints, guess what I found under the Christmas tree? You guessed it! It's not as though my teeth are yellow, but since I have had my braces taken off (about six years ago), my teeth have been suffering. It seemed that no matter how long I brushed in junior high, I just couldn't reach all those crevices. I've been using Crest Whitestrips for a few days now, and I do not notice much difference. However, it is a two-week long process. The strips are used twice a day for half an hour each time. These 30-minute sessions can take place morning and night, both in the morning, both at lunch, or both at dinner, or whenever you like, as long as two strips (30 minutes each strip) are used on the upper teeth and the lower teeth twice a day. A big tip from me, the best advice for you, is READ THE DIRECTIONS. All of them! I wasted about three strips just trying to figure it out, and trust me, the things are not cheap! If I had read the directions and given up my cocky "this-is-so-easy" attitude, I would have saved a lot of time (and money).

All in all, I think Crest did a good job with their product. I do not know the results yet, but they seem to be working well. It'd be much easier if they were not so uncomfortable, expensive, and less time-consuming. They are known as the best product on the market, but if you want something fast (but more expensive), visit your family dentist and he or she will whiten up those pearly-yellows. :)

No comments: