I have been the mother of two children for 5 days now, and it's an interesting task. So interesting, in fact, that I'm not sure I want to reflect on it too much right now here on my blog. There's a sweetness between Maryn and Josiah that is too sweet to put into words. And there are challenges that break my heart. It's a really, really hard thing to describe as well.
Josiah slept a total of 4 hours in his bed, in his own bedroom last night. Yippeeeee! Do you remember all the issues we had with Maryn sleeping? Well, she started sleeping in her bed when she was four months old because she could roll over onto her belly. She had to be a belly sleeper. So I just skipped the whole four months and laid him on his belly last night, and voila. A sleeping baby. He would have slept more hours in there but I was having issues sleeping, and by the time he woke up a second or third time last night, I was so tired! I fell asleep with him on the couch in a reclining/nursing position. So I slept in my bed two hours last night and the rest of the night was kind of just...dozing in and out. I gotta get better at this!
I still have mommy adrenaline, which keeps me awake. And I'm just having the normal post-op and post-natal issues that make me generally uncomfortable. It's hard to sleep. I'm pretty EXHAUSTED today, so hopefully I will fall asleep tonight early. The past two nights I haven't fallen asleep until about 2 or 3 am.
So in short, Josiah is a great sleeper and I am not!
Another thing about Josiah is that he does not like the bouncy seat. He likes the swing. The swing that was at the hospital. We don't have a swing. We actually have one but parts of it are still at my mom's house. Arrrrghh! So...I have no where to sit him down. He lies in his bed for naps. He sleeps in everyone else's arms but mine (he wants to nurse when I hold him). He likes a pacifier now and then but not enough to keep him content in the bouncy seat. And I can't just lie him in a Boppy on the floor or couch because Maryn is a little...excited.
Sooooooo we may ask around and see if someone has a swing we could just borrow til we get the parts we're missing. Or we may check the consignment shop.
Okay! I'm rambling!
Monday, August 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good to hear an update from you! :)
My kids always slept on their tummies...and they were pretty good sleepers. I'm ok with it, some people aren't (I actually lost a friend when she found out I put my babies on their belly. She literally stopped talking to me. I guess she wasn't *really* a friend...I digress).
Amanda...I PROMISE it will get better. I clearly, clearly remember sleeping semi reclined on the couch at least a few times during the first couple of weeks. It will get better. Keep doing what you feel is best, you are the best judge of that, you know? And, more than once I fell asleep nursing (while my others were awake playing in the room even). Those relaxing hormones are good and bad:-)
I don't have a swing, so I couldn't let you borrow one, even if I were close.
Hang in there sister...
Thanks girls! I really am not discouraged about the sleeping issues. I know that part will get better! It's almost midnight as I type this, so I am really hoping in the next hour or so I'll be asleep. :)
I thought about you...and prayed for you...last night from 4-4:30 while I was up nursing Nathan (and I fell asleep by the way)
Post a Comment