Saturday, August 28, 2010

A lot of randomness

Look at our daughter. I'm just going to come right out and say it. She's a genius. Or she's just really smart. She's recognizing letters, spelling her name, and imagining up all kinds of fun things. I LOVE to watch her play. Here she set up her felt people and said they were watching TV. Then the little boy got up and used the restroom and the little girl took a break to play some hopscotch.
Here we were doing some journal entries, and Maryn drew a picture of Josiah. She made a circle for his head, some dots (a lot of dots) for his eyes and other features, and a little black tail. She insisted he has a tail (it's the pointy black thing coming out from that circle you see below).
And you'll never believe what Josiah did today!


He slept. And slept. And slept. I know he's always sleeping here on the couch but I'm telling you that's the only place he'll sleep, so don't lecture me on safety. I'm too tired to deal with you.

I don't know how to pronounce a lot of words. Common words. I think this is because I read fairly intelligent material but I don't hang out with extremely intelligent people. Well, not the kind that like to show off their vocabulary skills, anyway. Like the word "digress." Does anyone every actually say "but I digress..." because I see it a lot on blogs. Is it dye-gress or dih-gress? Do you say it slowly or do you spit it out quickly? I feel awkward saying it.

And what about that word "respite?" How is that pronounced? I do admit I feel retarded sometimes. I mean this is 6th grade vocabulary. And "reviled." I know how to say it but it just doesn't sound right, like I don't get it out fast enough and it ends with this dreary, creepy, um-you-don't-know-what-you're-talking-about aroma. Maybe I won't talk for a while. Maybe I'll take a vow of silence.

Here's another random question: What is up with this Glenn Beck stuff? I was kind of under the impression that guy was crazy. I guess I need to watch the news and traverse outside of my Southern Baptist bubble. Like who has the time for that.

One more issue. Does it ever feel to you that everyone you know is on a diet, and that when you make cupcakes, you have no one to give them to because you don't want to cause your brother or sister to stumble? See, when I practice the gift of hospitality, I give baked goods. I don't think taking my neighbor a salad sounds appealing at all. Maybe I'll start raising honeybees and give everyone honey. Everyone is always talking about honey. "Use some honey instead of sugar!" they say. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Last night for dinner we had hot dogs, tater tots, edamame and carrots. See? That's sort of healthy. I'm just not willing to go 100% right now.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Hmmm....we didn't hang out that much in person. Should I take that as a compliment? Are you dumber for having known me?

LOL! You never cease to crack me up!

Rebecca said...

Loved this random post. :)

As an English major, I can't resist answering. Though I suppose other people could say these words differently, these are according to good ol' Webster's dictionary, too...

1. dye-GRESS (emphasis goes on the caps part and I guess I say it kind of slowly?)

2. REH-spit

3. ruh-VILED

Michele said...

I say digress sometimes when I want to be dramatic. Other than that...I've never used the other words either. You are definintly way smarter than me (like, that was probably horrific grammar).

I am never truly on a diet and would welcome cookies or cake any time of the day (I just ate cookies for breakfast in fact).

And, Maryn AND Josiah are both geniuses!