I brought out Maryn's cash register today and boy, was she excited. She understands how to use it now and I even gave her some coins to put in it. She grabbed her purse and said, "Bye! I going-a Koger!" (translation: Bye! I'm going to Kroger!)

Then we had some fun with her baby dolls. We made bibs and blankies for each of them. She was sooooo excited. I see some doll accessories in her near future.

Today was John's first day back to school. Translation: I'm back to being super mom. Our day was FULL. I was going non-stop...and I kinda loved it. But I kinda disliked it, too. I disliked the parts where both children were crying. Or when they both demanded my attention. We are still having meals made for us and we're eating on paper plates, so that's a huge burden off our shoulders. Our new friends here have been awesome.
Maryn has been obsessed with the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and the video
here. She sleeps with the book at night and has started recognizing her letters. It's insane how she loves to learn.
Josiah seems to be falling into a sleep pattern, and has been taking a long afternoon nap while Maryn naps, giving me a huge break.
I don't have a nice conclusion, so...the end.
2 comments:
I'm glad that John was able to be home with you for the first two weeks...that was a blessing and definitely The Lord's Timing!
Some days will be great...others may be full of tears, but you'll make it through:)
Amanda, my two sons are grown up but I still have days full of worry and frustrations every once in awhile. When Josiah is up at night crying, just take a deep breath and smile. Remember that many many moms have been there before you and have made it out alive. Each day...make sure to greet yourself with a BIG smile in the mirror and say "hi" to yourself. Ask yourself how you think your day will go?? Then smile at yourself again and say...GREAT!! :o) You will be fine! I am working on finishing up Maryn's curriculum stuff. If you tell me what themes you might be doing each month, I would like to send a little package with some little manipulative items to correspond with what you are going to be teaching for that month. I have lots of resources to help you out. Just let me know for Sept. and I will get it ready.
Did you ever get a chance to watch Maryn's DVD yet?
Cathy
Post a Comment