Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Loving on Daddy!


The nurse warned me that I might be more emotional this time after the birth of our baby because I was such an emotional basket case during my pregnancy. She was right! But I've cried nothing but happy tears since this precious little guy was born.

He was staring at me today, and we were nearly nose to nose. This is rare because the child sleeps 23 hours a day. I told him about the day we found out we were expecting, and that I've loved him ever since that day. He gave me kisses on my nose as tears rolled down my cheeks. He is my little man.
Josiah sleeps so much! I guess this is supposed to be normal for newborns. Since Maryn was in my belly for so long, I think she skipped this stage. You know, I think she just wanted to tell us everything she was thinking about back then and she couldn't, so she cried a lot then. So now she's making up for it by talking. And talking. And talking.

About three times a day, she brings me her brush, her hair ties, and a spray bottle so that I can put bows in her hair. So today we bought some bows at the cute little consignment shop across the street. The bows are made by someone here in town, I believe. Maryn had a blast picking out some new bows. I splurged and let her get a new little duck pull toy, and we had a coupon for a free pair of jammies. I got Josiah the cutest newborn jammies! We have almost no newborn stuff and he just SWIMS in 0-3 months, so it was a good buy! Babies can only wear newborn clothes until they are 8.5 lbs., so I guess it's good we don't have too many.
Maryn is adjusting well to being a big sister. I know a lot of you reading this blog are the mommies of toddlers and you are expecting your second baby soon. I want to encourage you! It really is going well. Better than I expected, for sure. I think if I hadn't had a c-section, things would be a lot better. 2nd time c-sections are actually more painful than first times because of the scarred tissue. Plus the doctor did a bit of "plastic surgery" on me and CUT OUT my old scar. It looked hideous from my previous two surgeries, and now it looks like it will be much better. Hey, if someone wants to give me a tummy tuck, I ain't gonna argue.


Josiah is practicing for home school.
"Teacher, teacher!"


Josiah's doctor appointment was today and he is just perfect. He weighed 7 lbs. 3 oz. at birth. When we left the hospital he was 6 lbs. 8 oz. and he now weighs 6 lbs. 14 oz. He eats all the time. He is a lazy eater, just like his sister. Sleeps and eats, sleeps and eats. So the doctor gave me some tips on how to try to get him to eat a little more efficiently. I was a little more patient with Maryn but this time I have a two year old, so we need to get this show on the road sometimes, you know what I mean? He's an Erdman, so I know he can work a little harder. ;-)

I love my babies!

2 comments:

Michele said...

I keep trying to write comments...but I keep erasing them because they sound so dumb. This is one of my favorite posts by you. Your words were perfect, the pictures are precious. I just love it!

Jennifer said...

In complete agreement with you on the pain after the 2nd surgery, and praying for you. I just love this stage when they are so new and all their limbs are folded/curled close to their body... I could just eat him and Maryn up in these photos! However, I must say that I am envious about the 2-for deal you got in the OR - I would have liked a tummy tuck! :) Love you girl and miss you!