Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mommyhood 201

I think I'm doing better as a mommy to a newborn this time around. I've learned one very, very important thing.

Have NO plan, no expectations of a newborn.

Each night I hope for at least four hours of sleep, but last night it just didn't look like it was going to happen. With each sleep/feeding cycle running into another I grew more and more exhausted, more and more frustrated. Frustrated because I wasn't meeting my goal hoped for 4 hours (and my ideal 6 hours).

But I felt God reminding me as this little one just wouldn't nurse and just wouldn't stop crying that no matter how much sleep I have, He will give me the grace I need for the day. And He did. And thankfully, I remembered His grace in the wee hours of the morning and responded to my baby with patience and love instead of anger and frustration.

As for my patience with Maryn, well, that may be a totally different story. Man oh man. She has been everywhere today. She is busy, busy, busy. She is quickly leaving ONE behind and entering into that second year. A year of discovery, drama, and...discipline. Ugh...God give me wisdom!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Haha, maybe my crazy ranty e-mail will start making more sense to you know that Maryn is becoming so busy!

Keep hanging in there. It's ok to cry sometimes too though (I still do:-)