Since my stay-at-home stint began, I have been trying to keep up on a few favorite blogs introduced to me by my iphone husband. Probably my favorite blog is by Tim Challies. He has a lot of blog followers, too. They do this thing where they all read the same book and discuss it, like a book club. They're reading through the classics of the Christian church, switching between old and modern. This time they are reading a more modern classic, Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. I believe I started reading this once but it was too difficult at that stage in my life. I also think I need the accountability and discussion for this one. John and I are going try it and we invite you all to join us. Maybe it will spark some discussion in person, through emails, or whatever. For some reason I just can't post links lately. Click on Tim Challies' link on the right of this page, then scroll down until you see the title "Mere Christianity," and Reading the Classics Together.
Let me know if you intend to do it.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great site. I could spend hours on it . . . that I don't have. I love Calvinism. Just love it! Anyway, I signed up for the memorizing scripture thing too. Not sure I'll do it, but I thought I'd try.
Post a Comment