Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What's Happening

I was in the stages of "early labor" all night lastnight. It's lasted about 12 hours, so it looks like I'll be taking after my mom and her first pregnancy (which was moi!). This is actually a good thing, because when actual, active labor comes, my body will be a bit more acclimated and things should start moving faster and less painfully than if labor had begun suddenly. At least that's what the doula, Annemarie, said.

Lastnight was a rough night! I slept about four hours, so I'm going to try to sleep a bit more today and do some of the normal things I do. Right now, I'm going for a walk.

This is the stage where the hospital would give me pitocin to speed things up. However, pitocin makes contractions more painful and unpredictable (they start piggybacking or lasting much longer than 1 minute). I know I've said it here tons of times, but please do your research on pitocin if you ever plan on having a (or another) baby.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so much braver than me. I hopes this works. I think she is just waiting for Grandma to get there tomorrow. My plane lands at 11:30 so I should be there by 12. Tell her she doesn't have to wait on me.

Erin said...

thinking of you! :-)

Teri said...

I'm praying for you!!!!!