I know to some of you this will sound really stupid and cheesy but here goes. Since I was about 5 months pregnant, I've been singing this song to Maryn, complete with motions on my belly that she seems to love and respond to:
He's got the whole world in his hands (rub a big circle on belly)
He's got the whole world in his hands
He's got the whole world in his hands
He's got the whole world in his hands (by this point she's usually very excited)
He's got the little bitty babies in his hands... (rock the baby back and forth, by moving hips and holding her on both sides)
He's got the mommies and daddies in his hands... (pat belly on either side, taking turns, which she ends up tapping back in the same places, as if she's playing patty-cake with her feet)
I was singing this song to her this morning. I can feel her body so clearly. Little feet, little knees, and her skinny little bottom! But today I got so choked up singing it. I thought yesterday could be the day, and that I'd be singing it to her, looking into her beautiful eyes by now. But she's not here yet, and I feel like I miss her like an old friend. I know it'll probably be only a few days, but when you miss someone this much, every day just gets tougher.
I am being patient, I feel patient, and I'm feeling great otherwise. I just want her here soon.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment