I officially have the soon-to-be mom jitters. One of the things that jitters me most is the temperature of our house, especially at night. John and I both get very hot during the night, so we keep our house between 71 and 72 from 8:30 pm-7 am. I have been worried that this would be too cold for a baby because of what other people tell me. But all the while I'm thinking about people up north who I know do not keep their houses at 75 degrees all winter. That would be insane. Also, I am absolutely positive that if we were to keep the temperature at 75, I would NOT sleep well. I would not get used to it, either.
So being the internet person that I am, I did some research of my own. I looked at FIVE good websites and this is basically what they all said:
"Baby sleeps best when the temperature is consistent and cool. 'Most moms actually keep the nursery too warm,” says Ryan. Try to keep the room temperature between 68 and 72 degrees. Putting your crib in the right spot is also essential. “Pick a location that isn’t in the direct pathway of your air conditioning or heating vents,” says Herman. Sudden temperature changes will startle and disturb baby. Also, keep the crib away from windows to protect baby from drafts and outside noise."
So there! I was right and, to all the rest of the people telling me otherwise: you were wrong!
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If I had kept my kid's rooms at 75, they would have probably died from drowning in their own sweat. You know how my kids always sweated sooooooo much as babies! Their entire lives..they have been lucky if their rooms were 68 or 69 degrees.
Cat
Post a Comment