Day two of my adventures in babysitting is over, and I must admit it's a pretty easy job. If I can do this instead of teaching, I would be a happy camper. Yesterday we stayed at our house all day besides a trip to the neighborhood swimming pool. That caused some stir-craziness and the kids really started to get on each other's nerves. But today we went to a free movie at the theater, the library, and the ice cream shop and things went much more smoothly.
If I were a stay at home mom...
I know that babysitting for 10 hours each day isn't like being a stay at home mom, but from this experience I can predict some obvious things that would be benefits and drawbacks. I'm thinking the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks.
One big thing that I wasn't looking forward to was the extra mess and my house looking like a day care, but I have found it remarkably easy to keep things clean. Now this has a lot to do with the kids being older, but even so I think I could keep the house fairly clean. While I was teaching, however, not so much. If I went back to teaching with a baby or with any aged child, I can promise you our house would be a disaster Tuesday through Saturday.
Now about having my ideal four children...
I can not believe how much these siblings fight. It really drives me nuts. I am trying to teach them how to communicate a little better and work out their own problems instead of tattle taling, screaming and retaliating. Ha! If I had to deal with all the fighting during all the waking hours for at least a few years of my life, I would absolutely lose my mind.
I'm thinking if we have four children, they will be spaced apart a bit more. And definitely not three. The same little girl always gets left out.
4 comments:
3 is the WORST amount of kids to have to babysit or have in your life. There is always the left out one and the one who swears they are given the raw end of the deal because they are the middle child. Try to get one more kid to watch at least....that's what I did and it really helped tp alleviate the problems.
Cathy
Lucky for me...I'm only babysitting the oldest one until Friday. :)
The solution to all these problems is to have 10 kids. Let's be honest.
We'll adopt Jeff.
Post a Comment