I had a crying episode today. Don't worry, everything is fine. I'll probably write about it tomorrow. If I write about it right now, I might cry again.
But it made me think of how easy it used to be to cry. We cry when we're little, and then we're done. Now I cry and my face gets horribly splotchy, my eyes swell up, my nasal passages become incredibly congested, I get a headache, and when the whole episode is over I have to wash my face and apply makeup to restore some sense of decency in myself. Crying has led to this whole embarassing, uncomfortable fiasco. So I try to do whatever I can NOT to cry (for instance, NOT seeing P.S. I Love You would have been a great idea).
The little girl I babysit cried today, too. But she managed to stay lovely and beautiful as she cried, like a little princess. Then she stopped and everything was fine. No stuffy nose, no headache, nothing.
Why does this happen to us as adults? What is the purpose?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I know what you mean. I look like a sideshow freak when I cry! Not a pretty sight! Maybe it is just something in our genes....you know...that Curie side of things!
On a lighter note....
I think I have my own classroom of 5 yr olds! I am going on Thursday to hang out in the room with the 5 yr olds that are there for the summer and do a few lessons until about noon....to see if it is something I think I will like. Duh...my own room of up to 14 5 yr olds and NO IEPs, or 3 year olds to change.....hello!!!!!!!
I am excited...got my whole first month of lesson plans done and ready to mold those little minds!
I'll keep ya posted!
Cathy
Ooooh I LOVE 5 year olds!
YOU'RE ALLERGIC TO YOUR TEARZ!
Post a Comment