Friday, July 11, 2008

I can't wait to hold you, baby.

Today is July the 11th and we are about two months away from meeting our baby girl face to face. She is having a great time making herself known right now, though, by poking out her little body parts like a poltergeist. It's incredible to feel where her head is, and then think, "Oh, that's definitely an elbow," or an arm, a leg, a foot.

In the childbirth class, we are learning about pain management. One of the most interesting things Phyllis, the teacher of the class, said, is that we'll probably be in labor how we are when we are sick. So this is me when I am sick, all in a very whiny voice:

"Leave me alone!"
"Can you get me some water?"
"I want my mommy."
"Will you rub my head/back?"

So John definitely has a lot to look forward to.

We also found out that John is allowed to actually "catch" the baby, which he may or may not decide to do. But I think that would be an amazing story to tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JR said that if you ever want to have another child, John should not be down there catching this one. Whatever that means. I already know how you will be in childbirth, why do you think I am planning to get there afterwards. You are not a very pleasant sick person. I'm just saying... Poor John.

Anonymous said...

It is probably true about the sickness part. I am a very quiet sick person and pretty much tend to myself and stuff....That is how I was when I had my major back labor too....No one even knew it until they looked at my charts and I was clear up off the charts....they were like....do you EVEN feel that???? yes I did...but I am just a quiet kinda person. So it is probably how you will really be.
Cathy