Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

Well, it is 2006. Now I'll have the darndest time trying to get my students to write 1-8-06. I kept thinking it was 2006 like in April, so I don't think I will have too much trouble making the switch this year.

New Year's Eve is always kind of sucky for me. Seriously, I don't think I've ever gone to a party or anything that was actually fun on New Year's. I always go to parties that try to be fun, but they end up failing--miserably.

To "ring in the New Year" (how much do I hate cliches?), we went to John's brother's, Mark's, and Jen's (his girlfriend) for New Year's and it was okay. I mean, it was like a normal night with people we don't normally hang out with (except Mark and Jen). Jen, her sister and I watched 48 hours mystery. It was a lame episode. The guys played poker. John fell asleep at 11:50 and I had to wake him up at 11:58. We left their house at 12:15. We're real partiers.

So I probably fell asleep at 2 am and I slept non-stop until 3 pm. Our pastor said that as we get older, we won't be able to sleep past noon. So I've decided to sleep as much as I can before it's too late.

:)

No comments: