Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Habitat, Rainforest, Medieval Times, and Warewolves

Habitat for Humanity: Wanna visit Florida and help out with Habitat? Be here on February 4th and you can come help us build a house in Immokalee!

Rainforest: To add to my rainforest sound spa sounds, we are currently reading the Magic Tree House chapter book about the rainforest and I am discovering that some of my students are wickedly smart. Now all they want to learn about is the rainforest, and our curriculum is not allowing us time for anything fun like that. I hate you, government idiots.

Medieval Times: For the after-school program, the other teachers and I have taken matters into our own hands and we're teaching whatever we darn well please. So now we're learning about medieval times (which is so incredibly interesting! Why didn't I learn any of this stuff?), next is Chinese New Year, and after that we are going to do some stuff about the Olympics. As they say in New Zealand, "Sweet As!"

Warewolves: Two of my students are warewolves. When there is a full moon, they can't sit still, are constantly howling, look like they've been awake ALL night, and hurt other children.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't warewolves spelled....werewolves???? Just thought I'd ask LOL
Cathy

Anonymous said...

I want you to get me one of those clocks if you can. I have such trouble sleeping. I think it is the medicine I am on. One of those sound machines came in but I didn't think about it helping me sleep. I wish I would have bought it.

Amanda said...

It IS spelled werewolves! That is so strange. I always thought it was spelled warewolves. Man. I totally suck.