As if teaching itself wasn't enough, I have just completed one Saturday, 8-hour class and have 3 more to go, not to mention some other dopey class I have to take that begins soon. Yippeeeeeeee. I want to strangle the people who did our curriculum, too. I want to strangle Houghton Mifflin, our sucky textbook company. It is OCTOBER. I want to teach my kids about bats and spiders, not solids, liquids and gases. How BORING, really. We made pudding on Friday and talked about whether or not it is a solid or liquid. I don't know what the heck it is, to be honest with you.
Teaching is impossible. But what else should I be doing? I know I'm in the right field, but ten, twenty, thirty years from now do I want to be like the teachers I know that are 35, 45, 55? They're PSYCHO let me tell you. I'm not doing it, I'm telling you.
Guess what? There's a doctor in my family! Yep. Mark Harrington. He is in my Bible Life Group at our new church and he is a chiropractor and my insurance covers him. Yay! He's nice and available too so if any of you single Ohioans wanna hookup with my cousin, I'll see what I can do :)
Today I made myself do almost absolutely nothing that involved standing or walking. My feet and my legs hurt so badly. Do any of you other new teachers have this problem? We are allowed to wear comfy shoes at work, and I do, but honestly they hurt so bad that when I walk in the morning they feel bruised and as I was sitting (sitting!) in church I felt like my feet were going to explode inside of my shoes. SO that means not only will I be crazy by the time I'm forty if I stick with teaching, but I'll have vericose veins and be in a wheelchair, too. Eeeee :-(
Okay Amanda! That's enough self pity for the day. If someone wants to visit BEAUTIFUL southwest Florida, October is a GREAT month to visit and you can stay with me FREE and VOLUNTEER in Portable #6 for a few days. Would that not be the greatest thing in the world? What a unique opportunity! The kids are absolutely wonderful and they need a lot of love :)
Not to mention a lot of English!
Okay that's all for today.
I love you all! Peace and God bless :)
Sunday, October 03, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
For the love of God girl. WELCOME TO LIFE! SUCKS DON'T IT? Just think you have only be out of school for what 5 months....the fun has just started. You will be fine. You can have my job.
JR
I would love to come and help you with your classroom. It's just too bad I just started a new job. I have to whip things into shape here before I come there. I heard that it will really slow down after Christmas so maybe I can sneak down a few days then. I think the kids would love me, don't you!!!
MOM
Silly Cathy! I'll be in Ohio from December 20th to whenever :) I'll bring the sunshine to you!
Post a Comment