Friday, October 15, 2004

Errands

There is never time to run errands in this business. I need stamps so that I can mail out all the little cards I wrote for friends that have been living all over the world. I wrote these cards for all of you like a month ago and they are still on my dresser.

I made a doctor's appointment for December 1st. His name is Dr. Kronin and his picture is online. I forget what he looks like but I am going to look it up in a minute. I don't really care what my family physician looks like though. I do, however, care what my ob/gyn looks like, and I have not yet found one that is acceptable.

Today is a teacher workday. It's 7:30 and here I am at school, supposedly entering grades when all I really want to do is sleep. I like kids a whole lot more than entering grades, and kids wake me up, and grades make me want to sleep.

I think what I really want to do is be a children's librarian. But I don't want to have to put books in order or do anything with data, and I don't want to bother people about late charges. I just want to read stories and organize fun summer reading programs and dress up like spaghetti like my Aunt Vicky did.

No, I think I just want to be a stay at home mom and go to the Y for exercise classes every day and when I have a baby I can go to those mom/baby swim classes. And I can go to those mom bible studies in the middle of the day and organize luncheons and cook yummy food all day long, because I really like to cook. And I could volunteer for Bible school and all those things I never get to volunteer for anymore.

I feel a little burned out after only three months in the real world. I don't like it here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't like it there (in Florida) or the real world? I don't like you there either. I wish you were here and I also wish you were still a little girl. I hope you have fun at the beach this weekend. It is supposed to get rainy and cold here and may even snow. Doesn't that suck. Tomorrow is the first football game of Jordan's I can go to and it is going to be crappy weather. Just my luck. Enjoy that sun and don't take it for granted. MOm

Amanda said...

Whitney, you are such a sweetheart. Your comment made me get all teary eyed. I do those same sorts of things. I never bring work home and that makes a big difference!

Living with my boyfriend's family is probably the most stressful thing about my life right now. :)

I tried getting up in the morning and walking but then I have to get up at like 4:30 in order to be to work by 7 because I have to leave home around 6:15. It's crazy, and I refuse to get up before 5. 4 am is still nighttime. Arrrggh.

Sometimes I just wonder what gives Collier County Schools the right to take my life away. :)