Well, well, well. What an exciting weekend. Not only did I get to spend all day Saturday at the beach, but I also got to spend quite a few hours in the emergency room. Long story. But to make the long story short, everyone is okay. At least that's what we think and are hoping.
In the meantime, John's mom especially needs your prayers. The doctors think that something possibly could be wrong with her kidneys, her brain (seizures), and her back (which we knew already that she needs surgery on her back). She and her husband are also getting a divorce, which means who knows about the house and where John and I will live or anyone else for that matter. So a lot of prayer for all of us would be very good. Right now I wouldn't be too upset if a hurricane wiped out the whole state of Florida, as then we could all start again with a clean slate. Which I have no reason to hope for that because I haven't made any bad choices, I feel, but the bad choices of others always affects a lot of people, doesn't it?
I know I have two passions: God and teaching. I have two people I really, really love a whole lot: My mom and John. So I guess I need to make those four things my top priorities. I'm just not sure how to do that.
So the lesson for today is that I need to remember not to do things for the sole purpose of making someone happy, because it's impossible for us to make people happy. We all play to an audience of one. If we could all just focus on making God happy and following what HE wants for us instead of what others want, the world would be a better place, no? Our pastor was right when he said that many women are people pleasers. We work ourselves to death over making a good impression, only to realize that we will fall short of people's expectations and in the process of working ourselves to death, we've forgotten about God and begun to work for some other god.
Monday, October 18, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It sounds like John's mom is having the same problem as the son-in-law of a freind of mine. He's been having really bad seizures for a few months now, and now they have found he is having kidney trouble also, but can't seem to pinpoint what's going on. He has been to about 6 different hospitals, including Cleveland Clinic and Ohio State University Hospital. I hope she doesn't get to the point he is, where they can't figure out what is going on. I hope she is better soon. I have to leave for work now, talk to you soon. Love, Cheryl
I was touched that I am so high on your priority list. I also can relate to the point of women trying to please others. That is so me!!! I spend so much time pleasing others I don't think I please myself very much. Maybe John's mom will need a new atmoshpere and you can move her up this way. She could teach anywhere. That way the girls would also be closer to their dad. Wow!! I am soooo smart. Always thinking. MOM
Post a Comment