Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Well, I am having a bit of trouble keeping up with this thing lately. This week has actually been surprisingly good, considering I have had to leave school early for the past week or so. It's good to leave early and do the bare minimum. :) No, but really. My students are learning just as much and I'm at least a little bit less stressed. There's a huge stack of papers at home that I need to grade, but lucky for me, first graders don't notice if it takes a week to get their papers back.

Okay, I am done talking shop, I swear.

Walt Disney World is awesome! John, Mark (John's brother) and I went to downtown Disney to meet their ex-stepmom (from the time John was about 4 to 16), which was really cool considering she is the woman John spent most of his childhood with. She was a way cool person and just that cute-nice type. I liked her immediately. I hope she liked me.

Anyway, we spent the day in downtown Disney, where they sell beer and margaritas and daquiris right on the street like it's nothin', and you can go to 8 different clubs for under 20 dollars. Holy cow, it was like...Disney for adults. It was like...college. Ha!

Well, John and I are such losers. :) We were both so tired from long weeks of work, an early morning, and so on, that we only drank coffee and cappucino and looked around at shops. But it was just as fun as the comedy club, the 70's and 80's dance club, the techno club, and all that combined, I'm sure. Someday I'll have to get my chicas down here to attend those establishments with me. Oh, by the way, downtown Disney is absolutely FREE. I had no idea. I love you, Walt Disney.

John bought a super duper cool pack of magic tricks with cards. I am not kidding, they are so amazing. I've never seen anything like it. I can't wait for my brother and sister to see him do these tricks. And I know all the secrets :)

Oh, and I got my hair highlighted. It is sooooo pretty!!!!!!!! I won't lie :) It's the highlights I have always wanted but I never went to a super highlighting place to get them done. Well, I am impressed. You wouldn't believe how much it cost, though :-( Yikes! I could have bought an annual pass to Disney World, for sure.

No comments: