Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Got Cider?

Well, Florida is jam packed with orange juice, but can I find cider? No. Tomorrow my class is having "Taste October" day and all I could find was candy corn and some nasty looking pumpkin pie. The pumpkin pie will be good for the kids to taste because half of them have never even heard of it, but none of them knew what apple cider was. I guess they don't have apple cider in Florida :-( This is going to be like New Zealand and no biscuits or American cheese or hot dogs all over again.

But hey, the pineapple is pretty darn good. And the watermelon is still delicious and shwew! The weather has been great!

I never thought I'd appreciate a "flat" state but on Saturday as I was driving I went over this hill (yeah! There's a hill in Florida!) and the view just "took my breath away" (isn't that a beautiful thing to say?). It was like there was so much SKY! And the sky was so GORGEOUS! Just pure blue with great puffy clouds, perfectly white. It was awesome. And the sunsets here are priceless.

Oh my gosh, and the Mexican food is aaaamaaazzzing! Lastnight I ate a huge plate of Mexican food at this restaurant, some chips, and when I was done, I was still hungry so I ate some of John's too! It was so good.

See what I mean about being food oriented?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I can find a way to send you some apple cider. I don't know if it has to be refrigerated or not. At Buehler's it is just sitting out in the produce section. Maybe they put it away at night. I will find out. Love you, MOM

Anonymous said...

Too bad you aren't here, I have a gallon of apple cider in my refrigerator,and the sad thing is that part of it will probably get thrown out because Glen and I can only have a little at a time because of our diabetes. I know, you are thinking why not buy a half gallon instead. Well, the place we got it only had gallon jugs. Jeremy blew the engine in his car Friday night, so Monday he went out and bought a brand new 2004 Neon. It has never been titled and only had 25 miles on it. Of course, his car payment is a lot higher now, but he has a six year, 100% parts and labor warranty, so that's a good thing. I have to go to work, so I'll talk to you later. Love, Cheryl