Well, well, well. I just got back from my "New Hire Meeting" for the school district of Collier County. I fit in really well because 75% of the people there were also from out of state (Washington, Massachusetts, Wisconsin, California, you name it). A good, very good thing is that I move right into a Professional License here, not a temporary, and I don't have to take any tests whatsoever, thanks to that trusty ol' Praxis.
We learned all about life insurance, health insurance policies, retirement and pension plans, teacher credit unions, and yeah, so it was basically just a grand party for the adult world that ran from 7:45 am until 3 pm.
I also spent 70 dollars today getting fingerprinted, 112 dollars getting my certificate for ECE and Reading Endorsement, and blah blah blah. I STILL haven't seen my classroom, heard from any of the other first grade teachers, my principal, or anyone. But of course, they're still on vacation. Ah well.
That's all the lovely news for now! TTFN.
Monday, July 19, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment