Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Oh dear.

Well, our dinner lastnight went well. John and I made onion-basil grilled veggies with some type of chicken marinated in this made-from-scratch marinade, compliments of George Foreman and his recipe book. It was a lot of work, cooking for 8 people. Anyway, it went well, and the kids actually liked the vegetables.

It turns out that tomorrow is my turn to cook again, so I'm making fajitas and nachos and cheese dip stuff (compliments of Chrystal and her cheesy dip recipe). This time though, I took a major shortcut and got the fajitas in a bag, which means everything is already thrown together. All it takes is ten minutes to cook. Praise the Lord.

Oh dear, issues on the family front, as you can imagine...me living with 6 other people of all ages and very different beliefs and very different "ways" than I am used to, by far! A lot of "outspokenness" and "opinionated-ness". But...I guess the NZ experience has at least partially prepared me for living with other cultures. Let's hope :)

It's so hot and humid here, I can't even go outside! It's awful. Just awful. But in December, I'm going to be living it up on the beach in the 75 degrees. Oh yeah. Come and visit me then.

Peace

3 comments:

Jeff of course said...

You got a little desensitized towards "opinionated-ness" because you had Aaron and I as friends. Draw upon those expiriences...haha.

Crystal said...

Yay I was good for something! :) I know you'll be fine Mandi Lu... you have more patience than you give yourself credit for!

Anonymous said...

Amanda if you could live in this house all these years with all the craziness that went on, (like JR's mom and dad living here) you can handle just about anything. Just look at it from the girls point of view. It is like you are JR's mom and you are moving in there and changing their lives too. Well maybe that is a bad example. Don't kill me for that one. Sometimes you have to put yourself in the other peoples shoes. Oh MAN!! I am starting to sound like you. LOL!!! MOM