Tuesday, January 28, 2003

Do you ever want to say to people, "Please learn what I learned already," meaning, you wish they could learn an important life lesson that you've already learned, and you want to tell them all about it and tell them that what they are doing is stupid, but you can't because you know that they will just have to learn from experience. So you watch and watch and watch as they go through the same things you did and experience the same crappy things you did, and you can't even really do anything about it but watch. ...And if you try to be a "friend," it only comes off as being condescending. This applies to so many situations. Sometimes I really honestly think I know what's going on--why a person might be going through what they are going through, what they should do about it, etc...but they don't listen, and it's better to let them find out on their own most of the time anyway. Can't say I didn't try, huh?

No comments: