Friday, January 10, 2003

December 28, 2002: Christmas Conference


Sharpened thorns along the stairs
I tried to climb into your arms,
But I could not make it there.
I cried in the depths.
I felt so far away,
And just when I thought
I was too scared,
You came to me instead.

I thought you had forgotten me.
I thought I'd never change.
But you took my heart and my pain
And somehow made me whole again,
Accepting me,
Loving me
For every piece
And everything that I am.

I remember that day
You accepted the thorns
For my sake,
Because I was alone and finally
Knew I needed you.

Rusted nails everywhere
So deep inside my soul.
I thought I'd never live
Buy you took them as your own
And somehow made me whole again.

For my sake, you took my pain.
For my sake, you died
So I could live
And be with you again.

No comments: