Maryn happy that she successfully pulled all the books off the second shelf
for the third time today. It's her favorite thing to do!
for the third time today. It's her favorite thing to do!
After the campers left today, John, Maryn and I headed to the used bookstore, the mall, and Texas Roadhouse. Unfortunately, the used bookstore was closed so we went to the Christian bookstore instead. I had planned on getting some light summer reading, but just couldn't pay full price for fiction. So I bought the book I've been hoping to read for a long time "A Chance to Die" (a biography of Amy Carmichael) by Elizabeth Elliot. It's about time I start reading some biographies of our Christian brothers and sisters, and this seems to be a good place to start. I am totally not wanting to read something so moving, deep and spiritual. As I stood there in the store thinking (praying) about it with the biography and another book in my hands, I knew God was telling me to go with Amy Carmichael. I hope it inspires me somehow--or something like that. I will keep you updated. Though I did argue with God that another Francine Rivers book may be just as inspirational. I kind of stomped back to John and said, "Well, I guess I'm getting this one."
At the mall (THE MALL!!!! YAY! I was so happy to be there. In civilization!), Maryn got to ride in the cutest little kid cart with a steering wheel. She was so excited, driving everywhere and trying to honk the horn. But there was no horn. I guess she's just used to a horn being on toys with steering wheels. She got a new pair of walking shoes at The Children's Place for $4.00. The kind of white shoes like I used to have when I was a baby. John got the game Settlers of Catan with his birthday money. It's a game everyone and their mother has been telling us to get that cost an outrageous amount of money that I hope somehow God will grant me the patience to play, since I know it's important to John... I got two more huge bottles of my special favorite best in the world Redken Extreme shampoo that allows me to skip a day of hair washing.
We also went to Target and the Disney store and a toy store... Now that Maryn is mostly fitting into 12 months clothes, I am DYING in every baby department. The clothes are the most adorable things I've ever seen. I want to buy it all. So, to warn you all, just don't even go into the baby sections. Because you will undoubtedly come out with something for some baby you know or think might come along in the next year or so. Fortunately, our selection is seriously limited by Maryn's diapers (requiring larger bottoms) and her crawling (no dresses). And the fact that I am now trying to avoid onesies. Partially because of cloth diapers. Maryn's torso is so tiny and she has a big booty with the diapers one. Also because onesies are just kind of a pain.
The toy store! So cute! I want to buy everything there, too. This toy store had a ton, a ton, of Melissa and Doug stuff. Most of it was not for babies, of course, but I just want all of it. It's all so cute and nice looking...you know...because the toys are wooden and cute, fresh, kind of vintage looking. I do have some Melissa and Doug stuff and I love all of it.
At the mall (THE MALL!!!! YAY! I was so happy to be there. In civilization!), Maryn got to ride in the cutest little kid cart with a steering wheel. She was so excited, driving everywhere and trying to honk the horn. But there was no horn. I guess she's just used to a horn being on toys with steering wheels. She got a new pair of walking shoes at The Children's Place for $4.00. The kind of white shoes like I used to have when I was a baby. John got the game Settlers of Catan with his birthday money. It's a game everyone and their mother has been telling us to get that cost an outrageous amount of money that I hope somehow God will grant me the patience to play, since I know it's important to John... I got two more huge bottles of my special favorite best in the world Redken Extreme shampoo that allows me to skip a day of hair washing.
We also went to Target and the Disney store and a toy store... Now that Maryn is mostly fitting into 12 months clothes, I am DYING in every baby department. The clothes are the most adorable things I've ever seen. I want to buy it all. So, to warn you all, just don't even go into the baby sections. Because you will undoubtedly come out with something for some baby you know or think might come along in the next year or so. Fortunately, our selection is seriously limited by Maryn's diapers (requiring larger bottoms) and her crawling (no dresses). And the fact that I am now trying to avoid onesies. Partially because of cloth diapers. Maryn's torso is so tiny and she has a big booty with the diapers one. Also because onesies are just kind of a pain.
The toy store! So cute! I want to buy everything there, too. This toy store had a ton, a ton, of Melissa and Doug stuff. Most of it was not for babies, of course, but I just want all of it. It's all so cute and nice looking...you know...because the toys are wooden and cute, fresh, kind of vintage looking. I do have some Melissa and Doug stuff and I love all of it.
2 comments:
Maryn is such a happy baby. I just love to see that smile. She is going to be a major handful when she can actually walk. It is kinda good that she probably won't do that until camp is over.
Sounds like a fun day Amanda. Let us know how the biography is. I've been wanting to purchase that one for some time too.
Post a Comment