Friday, July 03, 2009

God is in Everything Acts 14-17

I'm sorry about the long picture hiatus, but our camera batteries are dying once again. We'll have to get new ones tomorrow. Or maybe there's some in our box full of batteries. I just have to take a minute to dig through it.

WELL, yesterday I was just about on the brink of admitting myself to a mental hospital. BUT I prayed lots and lots for help, and of course God sent my Johnniebear and Donna to the rescue, and they solved all my problems. Oy, what in the world would I do without them?

I'm learning a lot about myself this summer. It's a very good thing. God is teaching me so much! I could write a book about all that God is teaching me. And my reading through the book of Acts just multiplies it a thousand times. Everything I'm reading is directly applicable to my life here, and I feel it will be directly applicable to life in seminary as well.

I am LOVING how the apostle Paul was respectful while sharing the gospel without sugar coating it. I MUST learn to do this. I must learn to do this with everything. I really struggle with being straightforward without being rude, or without getting angry or frustrated or nervous. And God is allowing me to practice this DAILY. Which is not fun, by the way, but it is great. I feel like I am in college. Go to class, then go out in the field. Class, then field. Class, then field, again and again.

I'm a little amazed how most of the Episcopalians here don't believe God's hand is in everything. Hmmm.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

:)

My current blog is not near as insightful as this.