Monday, June 22, 2009

Playroom and Rainy Days


Here's Maryn playing with the blocks in our
day camp play room here at camp.
This is her new trademark smile. She does it ALL
the time. She scrunches up her face so that her eyes
are completely closed, sticks out her two little teeth and grins
so big you think her mouth might touch her ears.
There's even a jumperoo in here for her, but she
mostly prefers taking toys out of these containers.
It can keep her busy for about an hour while I work on stuff.


I have been feeling contemplative. Yesterday, Maryn took a three hour nap. I finished the novel I was reading and we don't have a television. So there were few distractions. So I watched this pudgy little bird flit around outside, and I observed the ants crawling along our walls, studying their patterns and thinking about how to kill them best. It was...relaxing. :)

After my contemplative time, I felt very emotional. Maryn woke up happy as a clam (are clams happy?) and played peek-a-boo by laying her head in my lap and popping up like a little prairie dog. I almost cried it was so cute. I started wondering if I might be pregnant or something. But today I found out I'm not. I am relieved and disappointed at the same time. I must be insane to even think about being pregnant this summer, as I would surely be an exhausted basket case kind of person.

I think someone may have come in our house and sprayed ant spray. It's giving me a head ache. It is weird to live somewhere where people come in like that. I'll have to find out if I'm just crazy.

My little bird friend is back outside the window. I may turn a little William Wordsworthy on ya'll if I don't end this post now.


2 comments:

roxann said...

Oh Amanda...I love you so......
After reading this post I just had the need to tell you!
and

I love that smile of hers!!!!

Michele said...

I LOVE Peek-A-Boo that is initiated by the baby...so special!