Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday Surprise

Here is a picture of Maryn trying to roll over. We lay her on her side and try to get her to roll to her back as a way for her to see how it's done. She has come close to rolling belly to back but isn't quite there yet. I think she's actually closer to rolling from her back to her belly. We'll see!

She has a certain "hunger cry," that goes like this: "MaaaaMaaaaa...." It COULD just be us, thinking our child is a genius, but really, that is what she does when she's hungry. Anyway, she IS a genius. So that explains it.

I'm still feeling like a lost puzzle piece. You know, one of the big preschooler pieces that got mixed up in Grandpa's 1000 piece puzzle. Too big to fit anywhere, or maybe too small. So much I want to do, so much that I don't but must, or should, or think maybe I'm supposed to, or maybe I'm not.

But God is introducing people to me that make me feel not so confused, not so lost, not so abnormal. I am really grateful, because I know I don't deserve them. Thank you, friends. :)

Today is diaper washing day. Which is pretty much every other day. We're looking for some very cheap wash cloths to use as diaper wipes as well. I know that sounds really crazy, but it makes sense once you've been using cloth diapers for a while. We haven't even bought any disposable wipes yet. We got so many at our baby shower (mostly Alicia and her mom's doing). So now that we're almost out, we're looking for cloth. If you know where I could find cheap wash cloths (kind of like the little cloths you'd find at a hardware store), let me know! I may check out Lowe's today.

Maryn spent a full TWO hours in the nursery last night while John and I attended a lecture by our Senior Pastor. It was so good for me to be able to just sit and absorb some real knowledge and wisdom from a real person not on a podcast, not on TV, with my full attention. I actually left early because I thought for sure my pager wasn't working. But I found Maryn in the arms of the lady running the nursery, happy as could be.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Amanda: I'm sure you want soft washcloths... I found 6 and 8-packs of dish cloths at Walmart. I don't remember the price, but it wasn't a lot. All white, soft, absorbent and they wash well. You could tear each one into three or four pieces to make them a workable size. They are Walmart's brand, Home Trend and they are Bar Mop Dish Rags.

Michele said...

Amanda...from my own experience, I really like using the really thin baby washcloths (which I happend to get a lot of at my baby shower). My favorite are Carter's Child of Mine or Gerber. I have found that the thicker washcloths are more difficult to handled (like when I fold it quickly once or twice for an extra swipe or two).

Are you planning on keeping them in a solution? or wetting them just before diaper change? I wet mine but my changing station is in the bathroom on the counter, so it's convenient.

bcl said...

Wow, go Maryn! :) You know those nursery workers can be pretty good ;). I would say something about the washcloths, but I have no clue I'm not a mom yet :). Hope you find some kids to watch soon!