Friday, January 09, 2009

Bumbo Baby


Thanks to teething, Maryn has developed a whole new, high-pitched yell that is pretty funny and at the same time horrifying. She now uses it when she's happy, too. I admit that I did pray for a cute baby, but I also prayed for a baby that didn't have an ear-piercing cry. Well, I guess God didn't want to give me a break with that one. Maybe that's why He gave her a double dose of cuteness.

We bought a Bumbo, courtesy of Grandma and Grandpa Stiles' Christmas money. She loves it. She can't sit in it for too long, but it allows me to sit her in new places while I get things done. It's probably a big no-no, but here she is on the kitchen counter while I prepare my breakfast.


In other news, some people in our neighborhood have hired a lawyer since the builders are not upholding their contracts so very well. We're still going to fight paying the plumbing bill, and hoping they don't hold us responsible for other issues around the house that we have reported but haven't been fixed (like the shower that is leaking through the kitchen ceiling).

I still haven't found children to care for, but I was hoping that, if any of you Naples folks are out thrift or yard sale shopping, and you spot any of these items for a very good price, will you please let me know? I feel as though I need a better outdoor play area. Hopefully John will get some of the junk out of our garage soon...

wagon
sand/water table
small bikes and tricycles, riding toys, etc. (for ages 2-5)
small bookshelves (that wouldn't rise above a 3 year old's head)
a child size picnic table or other type of outdoor table, big enough for eating
plastic children's pool (not inflatable)

7 comments:

bcl said...

When I worked at the Day Care this one baby thought it was hilarious to shriek loudly, and it was cute until she woukdn't take a nap and woke all the other babies up :). Bumbos are awesome, I think they really help them learn how to sit up, plus they love that they can see more than in the bouncy seats. Although, I'm not sure either about putting it on the kitchen counter lol, but if she doesn't squirm too much and you're standing there the whole time I'm sure its fine.

bcl said...

oops, wouldn't, not woukdn't lol

Amanda said...

haha, I know! I hope she's OK with it when I don't let her do it anymore, when she gets bigger and moves around too much. Plus, she'll hit her head on the cabinets above once she gets any bigger. It's just one of the many rules I've broken since becoming a mom.

Anonymous said...

Love the pic! She looks like she is saying Na Na nanana! I am a big girl sitting up on the counter and almost sticking her tongue out at you! Hilarious

Cathy

Anonymous said...

I have a picture of you sitting on the counter while you were little, and watching your dad make liver and onions. You were covered with flour. Please don't be one of those too cautious mom's who won't let their kids do anything. How else are they to know not to sit on the counter unless they fall off and bash their heads. It's a learning experience. LOL!!!!

Amanda said...

How about the time I was sitting on the counter and the stove caught on fire? That was fun...

Anonymous said...

Or the time you were sitting under the stand putting bobby pins in the outlet! Oh the joys of childhood! LOL

Cathy