Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's about to get busy around here!

In a streak of desperation, I went through all the emails I've received from those interested in child care, and significantly lowered my rates. Today I have several parents visiting, some for part-time care and one for full-time. I'm cleaning like crazy and a little bit nervous.

JOHN left the floor dryer down here so now the parents will be suspicious of our flooding and may be on the lookout for mold. Aggh!

So I'll probably be caring for a few kids for pretty close to nothing. I'm trying to look at it as a ministry with an extra bonus. But it sounds like our rent may get taken care of, which is what we need.

Maryn has had a brain/motor skills spurt and is suddenly very good at grabbing things. She grabs my face and pulls me in for kisses. It's so cute. And then she grabs my hair, my necklaces, my earrings, and John's arm hair. That's not so cute.

I'll try to get a picture of her grabbing her big stuffed frog for a kiss. It's adorable. You might think it's weird, but I think it's perfect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The John's arm hair is really not cool. I will have to start disciplining her when she does it. Well maybe not quite yet.

John

Anonymous said...

John, you let that baby pull as many hairs as she wants:) I can't wait to see Maryn's kisses. I wish she had done that while she was here.

Teri said...

I've been praying for your daycare, Amanda. I hope all goes exceptionally well today!